Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The Greeting Farm's Mixed Media Madness Challenge!!!!!



Hello everyone!

I am so thrilled to be presenting The Greeting Farm's Mixed Media Madness challenge today! Basically we are looking for projects that use many different textures & techniques...take it off the paper and onto a box, a canvas...use your imagination! Don't follow the rules and get a little messy with your supplies, it's fun! Of course you need to feature a Greeting Farm image and HAVE A GREAT TIME!

I did a mixed media canvas and I used two different stamps from The Greeting Farm, Evie and Madden. They are two of my favorite images from TGF and I was so happy to use them in this project.
Pick them up at the shop today!
thegreetingfarm.com

The challenge runs for one month, March 1, 2017 12 am CST to March 31,  2017 12 pm CST.

You can enter this challenge twice to make things fair...and remember there is a prize...$50.00 to the Greeting Farm site! Eeeekkk!!!! Please play along!


Click HERE to head over to The Greeting Farm Blog and be able to play along with the challenge!

This canvas took forever and a day, mainly due to drying times. I started by using Mod Podge to adhere torn and burned book paper to my blank canvas. Then I added two different kinds of texture paste to the canvas using a brick stencil. I sprayed the paper and modeling paste with three different sprays and mists once the paste was dry. Then I took a piece of corrugated card board and set it on fire to rough up the edges (don't try this at home lol) and then used three different Tim Holtz Distress Crayons to add color to the cardboard. 
Whew! Next I colored up Evie and Madden with Copic markers and adhered them to the cardboard with Mod Podge. After that dried, I added chunky glitter and micro beads with Glossy Accents. I drew on the remaining paper that was showing with a little more Distress Crayon, then cut out the 'create inspire repeat' with my Cameo. Then I blasted the whole thing with a pearlized Mod Podge spray. 

Were you last month's winner? Be sure to head to the Greeting Farm blog to check!

Feel free to ask questions if you have any!
See you soon!
Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment