Thursday, January 19, 2017

A few random cards & projects from December.

Hi!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Today I went through my blog folder and pulled out some projects that I haven't shown on my blog yet. These are a few things that I made in December 2016. 

First, I want to show you these cards that I made with one of my new MFT stamp and die sets. I was dying over this set when I saw it on IG and had to buy it right away. It's SO fun to work with! I made two cards and I love them both. I've used this set countless times already. 




The card on the right is a shaker card. It's SO CUTE!!!!


Every year we go to my MIL's house for something that we call Noni Christmas. Basically with her kids moving and having families of their own, it was getting difficult for her to have the family all together at Christmas so she started celebrating a few weeks before Christmas instead. With some people living out of state, it's still hard to get absolutely everyone together but she still tries. ANYWAY, this year I made ornaments for the adults that attended. I took a plain glass ornament ball from Michael's and filled it with a tiny tree, some fake snow, sequins and glass beads, jingle bells and two little papers that say "Noni Christmas" and "2016" on them in glitter paper. That sort of commemorates Noni Christmas for everyone that year. They were a hit!


This is a tag that I made using "Krystal" from The Greeting Farm. She's one of my favorites for sure! Want to visit the store yourself? Just click here: thegreetingfarm.com


This is a gift that I made for my MIL for Christmas. I bought a frame from Michael's that looked sort of like a worn clipboard with the background like a weathered board and the clip was metal, distressed and had a rose on it. I added a photo of her with my husband to it and then thought hm...that's not quite enough. I decided to back up the photo with several layers of paper and acetate and then added texture with modeling paste and some flowers, which I painted. She loved it. I think. lol 


That's all for today. Please stop by again soon, I love the comments and feedback!
~Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment