Thursday, November 3, 2016

Project Life layouts....


Hello!
I have to say, I love using the pocketed style scrapbooking. There are so many names for it, Project Life being one, though I think that specifically PL is for documenting daily throughout the year. Mine is modified. I do document the major things that families tend to do...day trips, vacations, holidays. But I also document the little things, like something I made to eat, a craft, my new manicure. Granted, some people might not find the little things worth documenting but those are the things that I want to remember....the day to day little things that make me happy. 

This particular layout was documenting Mother's Day. So yes...this one was a holiday but the day to day ones are down a bit further. We went to San Francisco for a day of fun and we all had a great time. In this particular layout I have a shaker pocket in that center row. Those thin pockets are a bit difficult to work with. I usually try to make them into a shaker pocket. I have a ticket inside but backed it up with some arrow washi tape since the back wasn't as cute. 


On this side of the layout you'll see that ticket. I use a lot of stickers with pocketed scrapbooking because it's hard to add anything too bulky to a pocket. I do love pre printed filler cards and journaling cards, they add instant cuteness to any layout and can also dictate a color theme. Washi, tags, brads and shaker pockets add fun and interest. 

So this is what I'm talking about with every day life. My cats. Oh how I love to document my cats! I document them playing, sleeping, looking at me, cuddling. If they are doing ANYTHING, it needs to be documented. I mean, in my opinion. 




See what I mean? More cats. I document funny angles, the relationship they have with each other and their nick names. It's just me. Maybe I'm a crazy cat lady in training. OR I'm already there. Again...whichever. I cut some pages from a Garfield comic book for this layout, added stickers and journaling and called it good. 





Question!
What is your favorite thing to document that is sort of a smaller thing that might not be significant to anyone but you? Let me know, leave me a comment!
Talk to you soon...
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment