Saturday, July 2, 2016

Summer shaker cards!

Hello everyone!

I literally had a dream about making these cards so when I woke up, that's exactly what I made. Here's a process video that I made on You Tube if you'd like to see that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du2afTSl3AY

I used the shaker card bases and inserts from Jillibean Soup, and the stamp set is by Lawn Fawn and it's called "Happy Summer". Here are a few photos for your viewing pleasure.




I added the felt clouds with sequins that now that I look at it, I feel like it would have been cuter without them. I'm just not used to making the more clean and simple cards but I'll get used to that eventually, I'm sure. It's funny when you work outside of your comfort zone, how odd it feels, right? So the next shaker cards I'll try to keep a bit more simple. Oh, and here's a tip. If you're going to stamp onto the front of the card, do it BEFORE you adhere the inserts because they get in the way big time. Do it while your card is still all the way flat.

That being said, what do you think? I'm loving the resin watermelon pieces in the shaker along with the watermelon paper backing and matching sequins. Fun!!!

Until next time!
~Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment