Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Monochromatic canvas art.....

Hello!

I made two monochromatic altered canvases for some friends of mine who just recently got engaged. I wanted to make something that could go with any decor...something simple and monochromatic yet elegant. 

I started with a blank canvas which I spray painted a cream color. Then I took some Tim Holtz grunge board and spelled out everything on each canvas that I wanted and glued it down with Glossy Accents. After the letters were dried into place, I covered them with several more layers of cream spray paint. 

This is a very fast, simple project that anyone of any skill level could do. The possibilities are endless, you could paint these any color of the rainbow and keep them simple and sleek, or add textures and dimension. Anything goes!

I hope you like this project. Until next time!
~Carol




No comments:

Post a Comment