Monday, June 29, 2015

Paper Issues "Seas the Day" with October Afternoon! *multiple entries found here*

Hello!

Are you playing along with the current link party at Paper Issues? This one is called "Seas the Day" and the sponsor is October Afternoon. Yay! I will be posting multiple entries in this blog post. But first....

http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2015/06/new-issue-seas-day-with-october.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You can click that link above to play along!

Here is what I came up with so far, and I have to say that even though you ARE allowed to use old projects, I never do. I made these two layouts in the last couple days and plan to make more. First of all, this issue allows you to link up anything pool/beach/summer/vacation/swimming related and HELLO...it's summer! All we do is swim and go to the beach and have fun all summer long so that's right up my alley. And two, I just ordered the two new summer collections from Paper Issues, Simple Stories Summer Vibes and Crate Paper's Poolside. Perfect! I was going to play with them anyway so how perfect is that?

I just took one photo of the first layout. It's a photo of my son and husband at Panther Beach a couple weekends ago. It looks kind of busy but most those elements on the right are actually printed on the page. I did add more though....gotta use all the things!!! lol Right?



This next layout has a story, don't they all? This one needs a little explanation though, otherwise most of you will be scratching your head. Matthew McConacave? While we were at Panther Beach my son was exploring, as he does. He came upon a cool little cave and immediately claimed it for himself. I was a little put off by the amount of empty juice boxes that someone had left behind in there but that didn't deter my son, he just pushed them out of the way and continued on. This particular beach was windy. You don't understand. WINDY. With all caps. I took a shower when I came home and I still had sand in my hair. For a week. And in my ears. No matter how much I bathed. Just that beach...it must have been the angle that it was located or something but I've never experienced that before, it was odd. Anyway, that cave provided some relief from that wind, which is probably why he liked it so much. We must name everything, it's just one of those things we do....and he dubbed this cave "Matthew McConacave." lol He cracks me up.

Anyway...lots of those summer collection elements that I was telling you about plus some random yellow enamel dots and white Thickers. And yes, I hate it when I run out of caps/lowercase/vowels and have to mix it up. But what can you do? Just move on, am I right?






Check back, I feel like I'll have more to add shortly!
Have a great day!
Like my blog? Tell a friend!
~Carol

2 comments:

  1. Love the casual look, it really tells the story about those moments. I like looking at scrapbook pages but I don't feel like even trying hehe 12x12" is kind of hard to figure it out including different elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just try it a few times....you'll never look back! I know that 12x12 seems daunting at first but now I can't stand doing little layouts because there's not enough room!

    ReplyDelete