Thursday, June 4, 2015

I LOVE printer's trays!


Oh how I love printer's trays! Have you tried them? Several companies make them and they are easy to find. The price varies depending on if you want them 'raw' or finished, large or small...name brand or generic. I have tried the unfinished ones to save some money but really, I find that I prefer the ones that are already painted. I just like the effect so much more and, let's be honest, it saves some time. This printer's tray is my all time favorite. I've made quite a few but this one just does it for me. It's currently hanging on my scrapbook room wall and it makes me smile every time I walk in the door. I chose to print all of the photos in black and white, and then add subtle pastel colors from the Maggie Holmes/Crate Paper Open Book collection. That collection made me crazy! In a good way, I mean, lol! I bought ALL of it and I talked about it so much that two of my friends bought me nearly every bit of it as well so I had it in triplicate. I don't mind telling you, it's almost all gone. The paper is long gone, I have a couple stickers and a few of those embellies left and that's it. I saved every little tiny scrap...I kid you not when I say that I used the heck out of it like no other collection I've ever had. Anyway, the printer's tray has chipboard, card stock and vellum pieces all throughout the tray. I wanted the edges of the frame to have a little interest so I added gold striped washi here and there. I have tags, twine and a little metal as well. I'm itching to make another one soon. 




 What types of projects do you like to do the best? Let's say...OTHER THAN scrap booking? Let me know in the comments!

Have a great day!
~Carol

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! So vintage and the details are cute. I'll check your YT channel if you have a video about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Here is the link to the video for that video!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaK7PhJAPgA

      Delete