Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Welcome to my blog!

Well hello there and welcome to my blog! This is my very first post and I have to say, I was SO reluctant to begin blogging again. I had deleted my last blog years ago, I suppose I was looking for a bit more instant gratification with it but it felt more like I was simply writing in a diary. Not much feedback, you know? However, after seeking some advice in a Facebook group that I belong to, I decided that I really needed a blog if I wanted to land some cushy Design Team positions for some of the bigger companies. So a blogging I will go. 

In this blog I'll be trying to cover quite a few different topics, mostly craft related. I personally enjoy mixed media, scrapbooking (both 12 x 12 and pocketed), card making and altering items, to name a few. I also enjoy cooking and gardening, traveling and shopping. I hope to touch on all of these things in upcoming posts. 

Today, however, I wanted to take a moment to brag because last week I was featured on the Paper Issues Blog. I was BEYOND thrilled to have one of my layouts shown, it gives me such a thrill when I catch their eye! I took a photo of the blog that day with my layout there in the middle. I was really pleased with how that layout turned out. It was a few photos of my daughter and her friend right before prom. Thank you, Paper Issues!!!

Here's a link to the original post, should you want to check it out, along with the other people who were featured. And, by the way, if you don't visit their blog regularly, you really should. I can honestly say it is the ONLY blog that I actually check out daily. Or at all, for that matter. 

http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2015/05/new-issue-lets-get-this-party-star-ted.html



And here's my little badge of honor....  =)





Well, I think that's it for today but I have a LOT of things that I can share with you. I need to spend some time now trying to figure out how to change the 'look' of my blog, what I can add, what sort of gadgets are available and that sort of thing. I welcome your comments and participation! In the future I'll be trying to think of games or activities to get people active on my blog, which would make it fun for everyone. If you have any suggestions, feel free. 

Until then...have a great day and I hope to hear from you soon. Feel free to follow me!
~~Carol Maitoza

No comments:

Post a Comment