Thursday, May 28, 2015

Utilizing my stash, whittling it down...making pretty things!

A craft stash. We all have them. Some are modest. Some are jaw dropping. Some, let's face it, make us want to call the number to the show Hoarders and nominate a buddy or two. Although I have an entire craft room filled to the brim with embellies and trims and papers....(OH THE PAPERS!!!) I still find something else I want at the store. Or online. Or...you catch my drift. A couple justifications, if I may. One, I've been on a lot of design teams over the past couple years and I received a LOT of free product because of it. Two, I get a LOT of gifts from my crafty buddies and You Tube subscribers and friends. So I didn't actually pay for all of this stuff but I still have it. I have been working really hard to try to thin out the herd a bit, so to speak. 


In my efforts to use my stash, I really dug in to it and found this Echo Park Every Day Eclectic collection. I just had to have it and yes, I bought multiples of every sheet and my collection IS getting thin, which is great. But honestly, I should have used this up by now. I paired the balloon paper with some cloud paper that was a recent purchase, then broke it up with a B side of some of that same EDE collection. 


I threw a filler card into the mix from who knows where. I have thousands of these cards at this point, no idea who gave me what or who made it. I can't retain that information. However, the hot pink was the same as the pink in the hot air balloons so it made the cut. I threw in some little tidbits from Crate Paper's Open Book collection, and Simple Stories "I am" as well.  The enamel dots are from My Style Stamps. Here's the link to MSS if you'd like to scoop up some of those dots for your stash.

MyStyleStamps.com


Oh the clouds! For a while there I was pretty obsessed with wood veneer everything, but especially clouds. And patterned clouds? STOP! To die for! These were purchased at a shop called Trees to Treasure but I'm not sure that she's still in business, I just can't say. She had fabulous wood veneers though! This wood grain cloud was colored with some aqua ink (by me) to try to match the blues in the hot air balloons. You can ~barely~ see it but on that yellowish orange strip in the middle I used a Tim Holtz debossing folder with the word "May" on it. That flair is fresh from A Flair For Buttons on etsy. More enamel dots from My Style Stamps and some Simple Stories Snap stickers. Whew!


That number 3 down there in the bottom corner is from Crate Paper's Confetti chipboard, and the 'happy' was cut by little ol' me using Heidi Swapp's word die. And more My Style Stamps enamel dots. Because I love them.

Here's a close up of another of those beloved wood veneer clouds that I inked up, along with more enamel dots and some Crate Paper chipboard pieces. 


Here's a gratuitous close up of products I already mentioned but I wanted you to see my hubby close up. lol I love that man!

How do you mix and match your stash? How do you make sure that you are getting a good use out of the products that you purchase, the old and new? Leave me a comment and let me know!

Until my next post....have a great day. Now go make something pretty!
=) 
~Carol Maitoza

No comments:

Post a Comment