Friday, May 29, 2015

A layout out of my comfort zone...

Hello!

Today I'm sharing with you a layout that I made yesterday. It's pretty different than what I'd normally do, which is why I wanted to show you. I feel like it's good to push yourself to change things up, use colors you wouldn't normally use, try using a sketch, do something random. This photo is of my husband sticking his face through one of those wooden signs with a hole cut out. We were in San Francisco checking out an old ship and I asked him to stick his face in so that I could take a picture and he did because he's a good sport. I have to say, he probably didn't realize this was going to be plastered all over social media but will he care? Doubt it. He's like that.

The paper that I used was this super cute MAMBI collection that I used perhaps one sheet of and set the whole stack aside. Shameful! I pulled that stack out and made a deal with it to use more paper because really, I need to use these crafty items up. You know. To make room for more. *ahem* Anyway...I wanted to use at least two sheets so that's where that super colorful chevron paper comes into play. That's not paper that I would normally use but it was fun with the text at the bottom so I tore it out and committed.


I felt like the paper was a big ~much~ to take in large doses so I cut out some circles with it, backed those up on plain card stock and randomly placed them around the layout.


Next I decorated each circle with random elements from my stash. Simple Stories stickers, DCWV chipboard, Heidi Swapp cards and flair from who knows where.


Then outside the circles I added more little details...Simple Stories stickers mainly.

Also some Crate Paper chipboard elements...frames...vellum. It all worked out, I feel like.

Now it's your turn. What do YOU do to shake up your layouts when they get stale? Do you change up your color schemes? Do challenges? Leave me a comment!

Until next time~~~
~Carol Maitoza~

2 comments:

  1. Love this layout. I love how all the elements works together!

    ReplyDelete